Travelling in Alice Springs without a vehicle
For those guest who are considering not having a vehicle or hire car when they are staying with us… some of your options for getting around include booked tours and taxis to get around. To provide you with an idea of the cost for getting around by taxis service:
- A taxis from the airport can be about $40-$50 (one way).
- A taxis from our property into town can be between $12-$20.
- If you are planning to visit the very popular Alice Springs Desert Park (the distance is about 9-12 km, depending on the route the taxis takes and the amount of traffic), you are likely to be looking at a fare of approximately $25-$35 (one way).
- There are local tour companies that also provide pick-up and drop-offs.
Our local bicycle retailer that offers bike hire:
- My Ride Alice Springs / Avanti Plus Alice Springs - 3/39 North Stuart Hwy (on the left-hand side as you head into town from us)
- www.avantiplus.com.au/alicesprings / www.facebook.com/myridealicesprings
Image © Ausemade Pty Ltd
Other options for getting around
Options other than having your own rental car is to book yourself on a tour or to use some of the local tourism services such as:
- Alice Wanderer – www.alicewanderer.com.au
- TailorMade Tours – www.tailormadetours.com.au (as their name suggests, they can create a tour to suit your need)
There are also a couple of car hire services that operate similar to taxis and they know where we are. They can also pickup and drop off to the airport:
- A&P Private Hire – www.anphirecom / www.facebook.com/anphire - Ph: 08 8953 3030
- Denis Taxis Car Hire – Ph: 0418 853 075
Standard local taxis service:
- Alice Springs Taxis – Ph: 08 8952 1877
Alice Springs offer a range of tour operators with some great travel options to see many of the wonderful attractions here in Central Australia. You can check out some of the following listed tour operators or contact our friends at the Alice Springs Visitor Centre:
Image © Ausemade Pty Ltd
Alice Springs Car Hire
There are a number of car rental hire companies available in Alice Springs, from the usual Australia-wide car rentals to a locally based car rental service.
- Alice Car Rental – Ph +61 8 8952 5175 – www.alicecarrental.com.au — Alice Car Rental in Alice Springs is managed by a team with over 15 years experience in the transport industry. Our business is all about making overseas visitors at home and helping them explore our vast plains, fascinating attractions and great hospitality along the way.
- Central Car Rentals – www.centralcarrentals.com.au — locally owned car hire company in Central Australia, they offer from 2 WD to 4WD, as well as their Camp’n’Drive options with all you need. They also offer camping gear hire.
- Thrifty Car & Truck Rentals Alice Springs
- Budget Rent a Car Australia Alice Springs
All of our apartments have their own secure off-street parking
Binns Track in Central Australia (near Alice Springs) © Ausemade Pty Ltd