If you are staying at Vatu Sanctuary, we have our local ‘Northside Shops’ at 4 Hearne Place, just a few minutes walk from the property. They include:
- IGA Supermarket - 7 days (usually between 7:30am to 9pm)
- Cellarbrations (liquor store) - M-F 2-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm, Sun closed
- Milner Meats - our local butcher - open M-F and Sat
- Bike shop and hire
The three main supermarket chains are:
- Coles - Bath St & Gregory Tce (Alice Springs Shopping Centre)
M-F 6am-11pm SatSun 6am-10pm
- IGA - there are 4 stores in the suburbs of Alice Springs
M-Sun 7:30am-9pm (some stores may vary)
- Woolworths - 36/38 Hartley St (Yeperenye Shopping Centre)
The three main liquor stores (associated with the supermarkets) are:
- Liquorland - M-F 2-9pm Sat 10am-9pm Sun closed
- Cellarbrations - M-F 2-9pm, Sat 10am-9pm, Sun closed
- BWS - M-F 2-9pm Sat 10am-9pm Sun closed
SHOPPING MALLS AND PLAZAS
There is Todd Mall in the heart of town that includes a range of cafes/restaurants, hotel, gifts and tourist shops, art galleries, book shop, cinema, banks, clothing and boutique shops.
The plazas in town include:
- Alice Springs Plaza at the northern end of Todd Mall
- stores include Target, chemist, jewellers, clothing and shoes, surf gear, florist, men’s, women and children wear, eye wear, pharmacy, hair-dresser, bank and credit union and three automatic teller machines, food court and cafe.
- Alice Springs Shopping Centre (includes the Coles and Liquorland)
- on the west side of the town centre includes Kmart, iGear, Jaycar, Liquorland, takeaways, newsagent, pharmacy, hair-dresser, Tab, and speciality stores.
- Yeperenye Shopping Centre (includes Woolworths and BWS)
- includes newsagent, clothing stores, pharmacy, Telstra shop, jewellery etc, food court and cafe. Nearby is Post Office, Bendigo Bank, CBA and Westpac Banks.
Other small shopping centres include:
- Diarama Village - just west of the town centre off Larapinta Drive, Alice Springs
- outlets include Premium Pete (fruit and vegetable store),Kungkas Can Cook & Cafe, Central Australian Community Toy Library, Duprada Dance Company, takeaway, fuel outlet.
- Polana Centre - just north-west of town centre on Smith Street, Alice Springs
- Afghan Traders Wholefoods, Hotstuffsporting Buff, Exotiq Homewares, Swank Shoes, Rock City Music
- Afghan Traders Wholefoods - Shop 10/10 Cnr of Smith St & Hele Crs
- your wholefood specialists the heart of Australia. Specialising in Certified Organic produce and bulk supplies, you can avoid unnecessary packaging and stock up on quantities that you need, no matter how big or small!
- Alicetronics - 6/28 Railway Terrace
- your Jaycar Electonrics stockist.
- Desert Dwellers - Cnr Milner Rd & Wilkinson St
- for quality camping equipment.
- Teashrine - Shop 6, 113 Todd Street
- a vegetarian and vegan restaurant also offers a range of tea blends, infusions and herbal teas.
Throughout out Alice Springs there are a range of other retailers including camping store, mechanics, picture framers, 4 wheel drive shops, Harvey Norman, Bunnings etc.