Alice Springs has a great variety and range of places to eat, whether you want to just stroll through the heart of the Todd Mall, with cafes all along the mall or walk beyond the Mall to enjoy some of the other great nearby eateries and restaurants.
Fast food and takeaways, like other modern metropolitan cities, are found in Alice, with most of the fast food outlets found in and near the three main shopping halls, Yeperenye Shopping Centre, Alice Springs Plaza and the Coles Complex. Some offer small cafés or you can purchase your meals from the various takeaway counters and sit in their main food hall seating area. Whilst the Coles complex does not have a food hall seating area, the shopping complex does have takeaways such as Indian food, Chinese noodle and sushi. The Alice Springs Plaza and Yeperenye has a number of takeaways offering a range of meal options such as sandwiches, roast with chips, Chinese, sushi, hot and cold beverages and juice bar.
Alice also have the franchise chains such as Gloria Jean’s, McDonald’s, KFC, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks, Domino’s Pizzas and Subways.
Bean Tree Cafe www.opbg.com.au/bean-tree-cafe
Olive Pink Botanic Garden, Tuncks Rd – Ph: 08 8952 0190
– a gorgeous place to have breakfast, lunch, morning or afternoon tea. (Mon-Sun - check website for hours)
Alice Springs Telegraph Station & Trail Station Cafe www.facebook.com/alicespringstelegraphstation
Herbert Heritage Drive – Ph: 08 8952 3993
– breakfast until 5 pm (Mon-Sun - check Facebook for details)
Base Cafe www.facebook.com/basecafe0870
8 Simpson Street (Alice Springs Royal Flying Doctors) – Ph: 08 8958 8409
– breakfast and lunch (Mon-Sat - see Facebook page for times)
Gloria Jean’s Coffees www.gloriajeanscoffees.com.au
Yeperenye Shopping Centre, T51 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 2133
House of Talullah www.facebook.com/House-of-Tallulah-599014976936263/
64 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 0434 053 091
– fresh food, GF, Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo, great coffee. Breakfast and lunch (Mon-Sat - check Facebook to confirm opening hours)
Krazy Train Diner www.facebook.com/Krazy-Train-Diner-Alice-Springs-524861337911655/
Unit 1/38 Elder Street – Ph: 0499 022 196
– burgers, dogs, drinks, coffee and everything soft serve - eat in and take-away. (Mon-Sat - see Facebook for details)
Kungka’s Can Cook / Kungkas Café www.facebook.com/Kungkas-Can-Cook-269576373079275/
Shop 17 Diarama Village, Larapinta Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 3102
– delicious homemade food with local bush foods and coffee. Breakfast and lunch (Mon-Fri - check Facebook for hours)
Page 27 Café https://www.facebook.com/Page27Cafe
3 Fan Arcade, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 0191
– breakfast and lunch. Breakfast and lunch (Tue-Sun - check Facebook for hours)
Shop 1, Cinema Complex 11 Todd Mall – Ph: 08 8953 1936
– breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Royal Flying Doctor Service Cafe www.rfdsalicesprings.com.au
8-10 Stuart Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8958 8412
Sport Café Restaurant / Sporties www.restaurantwebexpert.com/Sporties
36 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 0935
Star of Alice www.starofalice.com/star-cafe
31 Palm Circuit, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 3900
– the Star Cafe is an interactive and enjoyable space for all the family to enjoy.
The Bakery www.facebook.com/Thebakeryalicesprings / www.alicebakery.com.au
Shop 4/11 Todd Street (Cnr Cinema Complex, northern end of Todd Mall – Ph: 0428 595 429
– very popular and very hard to resist. (Wed-Sun - 7 am to 1 or 2 pm - see Facebook page for info)
The Coffee Horse www.facebook.com/thecoffeehorsecaravan
8 Hele Crescent, Alice Springs
– Serving local roast coffee and tasty toasties, breakfast, lunch bowls and unique sweet treats with a smile! Open weekdays 7:30 am - 2 pm and popping up at various events on the weekend!
Uncle Edy’s Ice Cream www.facebook.com/Uncle-Edys-Ice-Cream-162083877249330/
Shop 5/70 Todd Mall & Gregory Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 7831
– Proudly locally owned. All ice-cream and sorbets are made fresh on the premises. Also light meals, cakes and coffee. (Mon-Sun - see Facebook for hours)
Watertank Café www.facebook.com/WatertankCafe
16 B Wilkinson St (Milner Rd entrance), Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 6809 Mobile: 0409 522 613 (A/H)
– industrial recycle vibe café, with great food and award winning coffee. Breakfast and lunch with the occasional live music (Tue-Sun - check Facebook for details)
Yaye’s Café www.facebook.com/yayescafe
Araluen Cultural Precinct, 61 Larapinta Drv, Alice Springs
Note: Todd Mall has a number of cafes (not listed here).
Confucius Palace Dumpling
10/63 Todd St (Todd Mall), Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 3633
Huanuan Alice Springs www.hanuman.com.au
82 Barrett Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 7188
– Thai /Indian/Nonya inspired food.
Oriental Gourmet Chinese Restaurant
80 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 0888
Overlanders Steakhouse www.overlanders.com.au
72 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 2159
– more than just a steak house, offers a-la-carte and signature menu with traditional fare, daily specials and fresh seafood. The ‘signature’ menu of the restaurant is the world famous ‘DROVERS BLOWOUT’, includes tastings of camel, crocodile, emu and kangaroo.
Simply Korean Restaurant www.simply-korean-restaurant.business.site
41 Gap Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8955 5110
– Our foods are freshly made everyday. Simple, fresh, delicious menus to satisfy every customers.
Tea Shrine www.teashrine.com
Shop 6/113 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 4339
– a vegan Asian restaurant and teahouse offering a range of teas and other beverages. Simple vegetarian Asian style menu that is also open for breakfast.
Tinh & Lan Vietnamese Restaurant www.facebook.com/Alice-Vietnamese-Restaurant-159487957412370
Lot 1900 Heffernan Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 8396
– about 10 kms out from the town centre, this restaurant is set in their garden from which they grow ingredients for their dishes. There is indoor and outdoor seating.
(the following restaurants are located on hotel/motel premises)
Alice in the Territory – MacDonnell View Restaurant www.aliceintheterritory.com.au/dining/
46 Stephens Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 6100
Nestled against the magnificent East MacDonnell Range.
Aurora Alice Springs – Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant www.redochrealice.com.au
Todd Mall, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 9614
– Red Ochre Grill offers a variety of dishes for both its lunch and dinner menus.
DoubleTree Hilton – Saltbush http://doubletree3.hilton.com/…
82 Barrett Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8950 0812
– Contemporary Australian style restaurant using fresh produce and Australian bush food.
Mercure Alice Springs Resort – Barra on Todd Restaurant and Bar
34 Stott Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8951 4545
– serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
The Diplomat Motel – Stumps Restaurant www.diplomatmotel.com.au/uncles-tavern-alice-springs.html
20 Gregory Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 8977
– Stumps Restaurant caters for breakfast and dinner. Also has Uncles Tavern that offers pub fare with lunch and dinner menu.
Lasseters Hotel Casino lasseters.com.au/restaurants-bars
93 Barrett Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8950 7777
– serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurants include Juicy Rump, Tali, Tempo, Casbah and The Goat & Bucket.
(the following also offer food)
Bojangles Saloon Bar & Grill / Bo’s www.facebook.com/Bojanglessaloon/ / www.boslivesaloon.com.au
80 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 2873 / 0475 228 733
– An iconic outback bar providing true Territory Tucker. You haven’t been to the outback until you have been to Bo’s!
The Rock Bar www.facebook.com/TheRockBarAliceSprings/
78 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 8280
– Open for lunch, dinner and drinks. Also live entertainment.
(the following eateries are located outside of Alice Springs)
Aileron Roadhouse www.aileronroadhouse.com.au/
135 km north of Alice – Ph: 08 8956 9703
– enjoy some breakfast, lunch or dinner with an icy cold beer
Glen Helen Homestead Lodge www.glenhelen.com.au/dining-in-the-red-centre/
1 Namatjira Drv, West MacDonnell Ranges Via Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8956 7489
– breakfast and lunch or the Namatjira Gallery Restaurant offers an a la carte dining experience
(some offering other dish options)
Casa Nostra Pizza Spaghetti House www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-No…
1 Undoolya Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 6749
2/1 Parsons St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 8255 / Ph: 1300 366 466
72 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 5454
Sammy’s Pizza & Family Restaurant www.facebook.com/sammyspizzaalicesprings
Shop 13/58 Head St
Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870