Alice Springs has a great variety and range of places to eat, whether you want to just stroll through the heart of the Todd Mall, with cafes all along the mall or walk beyond the Mall to enjoy some of the other great nearby eateries and restaurants.
Fast food and takeaways, like other modern metropolitan cities, are found in Alice, with most of the fast food outlets found in and near the three main shopping halls, Yeperenye Shopping Centre, Alice Springs Plaza and the Coles Complex. Some offer small cafés or you can purchase your meals from the various takeaway counters and sit in their main food hall seating area. Whilst the Coles complex does not have a food hall seating area, the shopping complex does have takeaways such as Indian food, Chinese noodle and sushi. The Alice Springs Plaza and Yeperenye has a number of takeaways offering a range of meal options such as sandwiches, roast with chips, Chinese, sushi, hot and cold beverages and juice bar.
Alice also have the franchise chains such as Gloria Jean’s, McDonald’s, KFC, Red Rooster, Hungry Jacks, Domino’s Pizzas, Eagle Boys Pizza and Subways.
Gloria Jean’s Coffees www.gloriajeanscoffees.com.au
Yeperenye Shopping Centre, T51 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 2133
Kungka’s Can Cook / Kungkas Café www.facebook.com/Kungkas-Can-Cook-269576373079275/
Shop 17 Diarama Village, Larapinta Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 3102
– delicious homemade food with local bush foods and coffee.
Page 27 Café
3 Fan Arcade, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 0191
– breakfast and lunch. Gets some good reviews and can get very busy.
Shop 1, Cinema Complex 11 Todd Mall – Ph: 08 8953 1936
– breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Sport Café Restaurant / Sporties
36 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 0935
Watertank Café www.facebook.com/WatertankCafe
16 B Wilkinson St (Milner Rd entrance), Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 6809 Mobile: 0409 522 613 (A/H)
– industrial recycle vibe café, with great food and award winning coffee.
Yaye’s Café www.facebook.com/yayescafe
Araluen Cultural Precinct, 61 Larapinta Drv, Alice Springs
Note: Todd Mall has a number of cafes (not listed here).
Huanuan Alice Springs www.hanuman.com.au
82 Barrett Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 7188
– Thai /Indian/Nonya inspired food.
Oriental Gourmet Chinese Restaurant
80 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 0888
Overlanders Steakhouse www.overlanders.com.au
72 Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 2159
– more than just a steak house, offers a-la-carte and signature menu with traditional fare, daily specials and fresh seafood. The ‘signature’ menu of the restaurant is the world famous ‘DROVERS BLOWOUT’, includes tastings of camel, crocodile, emu and kangaroo.
Tea Shrine www.teashrine.com
Shop 6/113 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 4339
– a vegan Asian restaurant and teahouse offering a range of teas and other beverages. Simple vegetarian Asian style menu that is also open for breakfast.
Tinh & Lan Vietnamese Restaurant
Lot 1900 Heffernan Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 8396
– about 10 kms out from the town centre, this restaurant is set in their garden from which they grow ingredients for their dishes. There is indoor and outdoor seating.
(the following restaurants are located on hotel/motel premises)
Aurora Alice Springs – Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant www.redochrealice.com.au
Todd Mall, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 9614
– Red Ochre Grill Cafe & Restaurant offering contemporary and native cuisine. Specialises in Australian seafood, Australian game meat, bush food and regional Australian cuisine.
Chifley Alice Springs / Chifley Alice Springs Resort – Barra on Todd
34 Stott Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8951 4545
– serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Gets some good reviews.
The Diplomat Motel – Stumps Restaurant www.diplomatmotel.com.au/Dining/Stumps.aspx
20 Gregory Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 8977
– Stumps Restaurant caters for breakfast and dinner. Also has Uncles Tavern that offers pub fare with lunch and dinner menu.
Lasseters Hotel Casino www.lasseters.com.au/dining
93 Barrett Drv, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8950 7777
– serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Restaurants include Juicy Rump, Tali, Tempo and Casbah.
(some offering other dish options)
Casa Nostra Pizza Spaghetti House www.facebook.com/pages/Casa-No…
1 Undoolya Rd, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 6749
2/1 Parsons St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 8255 / Ph: 1300 366 466
Eagle Boys Pizza
Hartley St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 1097
105 Gregory Terrace, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8952 4508
– Modern Australian and pizza. Open for lunch and dinner.
72 Todd St, Alice Springs – Ph: 08 8953 5454